Thursday, November 02, 2006

national novel writing month and other crap

I'm beginning to think that a potentional damn good use of National Novel Writing Month (November) might be dissertation writing. I mean, why not? Sure it's supposed to be used for fiction...

Yeah, pity my committee. But having a built in non school support group to do lots of writing? That has potential right there.

Uh anyway, I was too busy reading Vico to start on next week's reading yet (That's tomorrow), despite that I've been thinking a lot about strange pedogogies I could invariably form up around stuff I "know." What would writing look like in a pedagogy informed by Soo bahk do? Ballet? The muppets? And I'm actually coming up with answers....albeit they're probably bad.

I think it's officially that time of the semester when I need to start sleeping more just to stay sane.

No comments: