Wednesday, October 04, 2006

planning a presentation

So I'm not asking people to tell me what to do, but I am asking what would be most helpful as a class (and to Jeff, in that "I wanna see what this girl is actually understanding" sort of way).

I'm presenting Monday and I'm curious as to what people want/need out of these. I plan on summarizing and identifying some key words from these articles, but after that I could:

a. provide other resources that go along with these readings
b. introduce new concepts mentioned in the readings that would help tie them together for anybody not familiar (we've read some stuff in 7080 that directly ties to these which was tremendously helpful)
c. provide stories, experiences, etc. that relate directly from the readings to "real world" stuff
d. lead direction away from the articles into "and this has to do with teaching composition because" territory

Or you know, some combination thereof. If I were teaching this stuff that's what I'd be doing, of course, I'm used to teaching on an undergraduate level too (bugger). I guess I just don't feel adequate at standing up and saying "this is what these articles were about" and having that lead into some discussion because any time I've ever done that it just flat out doesn't work.

Whatcha all think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these are good ideas. Anything that
1. Uses the readings
2. But also makes us use the readings

is a solid objective.

My only concern might be (if I'm understanding what you are going to do) is that you not forget the readings too as you use them. So far, I'm concerned that, as a class, we don't draw enough from the readings, so we miss a lot too. I've offered the "where do you see overlaps/patterns" suggestion. And here's another:
What terms/ideas do you see in each reading that are worth further thought/exploration? What has potential that we need to do some work with?

Unknown said...

To find shoes for women is hardest thing in the world.... I had a experience twice in that.....but inTimberland shoes that is very easy to choose shoes.......