Wednesday, October 18, 2006

on doing reading for other courses at the very last minute...

I just started reading Agrippa for my history of rhetoric class...

and was nearly immediately reading a passage about magical necklaces and such that perform various things like making people well...

One of them involves hanging the finger of an aborted (miscarried, assumbably) child from one's neck in order to prevent conception as long as it's there.

I can't help but imagine how THAT would work:

Man from that time period: Hey baby, wanna go back to my place and make sweet sweet love?
Woman from that time period: Sure! Let me just get my cloak...
Man from that time period (leaning in for the kiss): You're such a insatiable little...
*and then he notices the finger*
Man from that time period: What the fuck? Is that a finger?
Woman from that time period: Yes, it's so you can't get me with child. *She tries to stroke his cheek with it and it leaves a little smear of rot*
Man from that time period: Gah! You crazy bitch! (runs away, sex does not happen, charm works! Write that one down...)

No comments: