Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dear Head, Meet Keyboard


I'm working on my plan of work. I really just need to know that the event hinted at above and my QE's aren't going to happen at the same time. I added everything up and I'm 2.5 credits short.
WTF? WTF PEOPLE? I'm using your brand spanking new system to figure out QE date and I'm 2.5 credits short. I took the maximum number of diss. credits and the max number of transfer credits and it's 2.5 short. SHORT! Argh! Okay, so if this is right, then I've got one more term of coursework or pre-diss research. Or, there's just something hinky in the system that they never added up (we need 90 credits to graduate) and that's not working.
GRAR!
Or you know I hit plus one less time than I was supposed to. It's possible. But probably not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

So, you'd have a semester to go after Winter 2008 b/c of the 2.5 credit hours? Well, okay...I think that the requirement is that you have to take QEs at the end of the 2nd year you enter the program, regardless or not of how far along you are. I might be mistaken, though.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Except, of course, that we can pick which program we're going under. The old one makes zero sense to me, but the way I fill out the paperwork does not appreciably change in either case. I'm still going to need to take 1 additional class or something IF they only let me transfer over 30 credits (which is what I was told to begin with) instead of the full 42 I earned for my Masters.

And that "at the end of 2 years" nonsense... what does that mean anyway? At the end of your fourth term, such that you are studying for QE's in the middle of having coursework? Or at some prescribed other date? See this is why I need to meet with Ross, but they want me to fill this stuff out first. Fine whatever. I'm doing it, it just makes no sense. Grrrr. I guess the pre-diss research thing makes the most sense. Maybe that's what you take when you're writing your prologue thingy.