Thursday, August 31, 2006

Welcome

This is one of those blogs that is attached to a course I'm taking, the sort of blog that I've plundered before for lecture ideas (wait, am I supposed to admit that?) I've several other blogs, none updated regularly, that are all personable and chatty and despite my hardest to sound like a hardened academic here it is very unlikely to happen.

However, I don't think that a blog (even a blog written when one is doing readings for class) needs to be a place that is all "Heidegger says this" all the time. Better yet, if a girl wants to get posted on Higher Ed then she better have a gimmick (cue Gypsy stripper music here) so every once in a while I'll post links to cute shoes and so on from Bluefly.com ....

Because--hey!--I think you can be an academic and a feminist AND like strappy sandals. Discuss.

No comments: